Thursday, May 28, 2009

Little Outlaws

Up in Freedom New Hampshire on Loon Lake sits a wonderful little house my mom grew up in.  We take family trips in the summer to hike and relax and trips in the winter to ski (King Pine!)  This summer past ended up being a very rainy week and little hiking got done, only Black Cap in Maine.  I did however take long walks through the damp woods and became entranced by the glorious array of fungi I encountered!  Lurking under the carpet of needles, sneaky fellows, I have yet to encounter such a large variety of mushrooms anywhere else.  These walks through the woods have feed into a huge fascination and theme of my thoughts and artwork.



Loon Lake in the summer


photographs of mushrooms from my walk



Muludhara

Preliminary woodblock print
 
Why Did You Eat Us?

(detail)

No comments:

Post a Comment